Why every mom should take CARE of HERSELF
Being a mom under "normal" circumstances can be challenging, not even to mention during our current situation.
Now there is even more reason to take care of yourself, first. You need to be in a healthy state of mind before you can take care of others. There is a reason why they always say on an airplane...first put on your own oxygen mask before you help others... And the next saying is also very true... Happy Wife...Happy Life...
Why self-care is so important?
If you feel guilty about self-care, know this, taking care of yourself isn't a luxury, it's an essential part of being a good mom.
Here are a few ideas of how you can take care of yourself and fill your emotional cup so you have enough to share with others.
1. Take a walk around the block.
2. Write in your journal.
3. Sketch something you love or pick up a coloring book.
4. Relax in a hot bath or plan a spa treatment.
5. Go for an outing and visit a local landmark for the first time.
6. Up your cooking skills by trying a new and different recipe.
7. Sing along to your favorite music or dance in your living room.